AlgiGrip is specially formulated to act as a maintenance product. Regular use protects the pool against algae and maintains a sparkling clean pool. It is to be used with chlorine.
Directions for use:
- Adjust pool water to pH 7.0-7.2 (yellow colour on test kit indicator).
- Pour AlgiGrip into weir, while the multiport control valve is in the bypass position, so that the AlgiGrip enters the pool through the inflow pipe(s) and not through the filter sand. Water circulation can now be checked.
- Correct pool circulation if possible.
- To assist rapid removal of algae add 4 cups HTH (for a pool of 40000 ltr.) dispersing in the water into the weir. AlgiGrip and HTH are completely compatible and work together.
- Check the pH the following day and correct to 7.0 – 7.2 if necessary with hydrochloric acid.
- Never add chlorine granules direct into the pool without dispersing the chlorine in water, as the high pH (12) can cause chemical imbalances in the areas where the chlorine deposits on the floor and stains could result.
- Control the pH of the pool water at pH 7.0 (yellow) and add AlgiGrip when necessary (every 2 – 3 weeks).
- It will be found that when AlgiGrip is used correctly, and the pool water is kept close to pH 7.0, usage of chlorine will be reduced considerably (i.e. half a cup twice weekly in summer).
- Remember that the higher the pH of pool water, the more ineffective water treatment products become, and the higher the chemical cost of running the pool will be.
- If borehole water is used, it will be found that IronCrash will reduce the possibility of staining pool surfaces.